Monday, August 29, 2011

A NEW DESIGN OBSESSION: Shipping Container Homes

Up late one night channel surfing on the television, I paused and immediately was glued! What was this? It was not your everyday "building it in 7 days", "on a dime", "decorating competition" show? Believe it or not... I was on MTV. Yes, you heard me right. MTV just recently launched "Extreme Cribs", and it caught my eye and kept me interested! (It actually reminded me of a show that HGTV used to have called "Extreme Homes"). I proceeded to watch the show to see the many interesting homes that they had (just to see all the creative twists and extreme concepts that people have turned into reality). But, the one that truly facinated me, was the "Shipping Container Home". This home, had great color, functional design, was eco friendly, and an amazing layout!

Immediately after seeing that portion of the show I started researching. Of course, there were many shipping container home that did indeed look like... well, shipping containers. But, this MTV home home was so very intriguing to me. I have yet to find photos or show clips of that exact episode (I will still keep looking and post as soon as I find it), but I did find some that were worth taking a glance at. (still, none that I favor like that from MTV's episode)












It's pretty amazing to me. My research has officially begun! Space Plans, Possibilities and Limitations, Cost Comparisons, and Eco Friendly Facts COMING SOON!

What do you think? Is this a Realistic Possibility or an Over-the-Top Idea for most?
-Julianne

No comments:

Post a Comment